Frequently Asked Questions
ECS Support - Frequently Asked Questions relates to ECS products and services. If you cannot find the answer to your question here then please log a support call.
(1) I would like to evaluate your software before I buy, does ECS permit this?
Complete the online application form, and we will return details of how to download the requested product and provide you with an electronic temporary software license key, for up to 30 days.
(2) What is the difference between the evaluation version and the full production version?
They are the same, the software is controlled with an encrypted license key. If you have configured an evaluation version then we only need provide you with an updated license key when you decide to purchase New keys can be requested by completing the online form.
(3) I have found what I think is a software bug, how can I find out if a fix is available?
(4) How can I learn more about ECS products?
If you want a better understanding of how the software works or how to configure it click here to view the online documentation.
(5) You have asked me to provide you with my AS/400 Model, Serial Number and Processor Feature code, how do I retrieve this from my system?
click here for instructions on how to retrieve this information from your system.
(6) I am having problems setting up Client Access ODBC for ECS/integrated email, what can I check?
click here for some tips.
(7) I have just upgraded to Client Access V5R1/R2 and ECS/ie no longer functions?
There are known issues with IBM Client Access V5R1 for which the service pack is required click here for details how to resolve this issue.
(8) I am experiencing ODBC database errors when I attempt to update the "ECS/ie System Settings". The status panel last reported that it was "Updating Control File...". The error message is ODBC—call failed.. Error ref: 3146. What is the problem?
The User Profile you are using does not have adequate authority to update the ECS/ie database on the AS/400. click here for details of the authority requirements of ECS/ie.
(9) I have setting up ECS/ie for the first time, I am using Outlook and I have inserted the correct "email Profile" and "Profile Password" but ECS/ie is reporting that "Unable to Log on to MAPI email client with "email Profile" and "Profile Password" entered" . What is the problem?
The most common reasons for this message is caused because of an incorrect Profile/Password or the default email client is not configured for the PC.
(1) Check to ensure you are entering the correct "email Profile" and "email Password".
(2) Check that the default email client has been configured.
After Windows restarts and you begin the
installation again, the error message appears again.
(11) During installation I receive the following message: "Cannot start main setup program! (CreateProcess() returned error code 0x000000C1H)"
the problem and offers a solution at: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/2/31.ASP
(12) ECS/integrated email is utilising 100% of the CPU when in a state of "Looping". Is this a problem?
ECS/ie can be configured to free up the system processor when "Looping" by changing the following ECS/ie Registry Settings:
These are the default settings for ECS/ie Ver2.0.162 and higher.
(13) ECS/integrated email has been configured to convert AS/400 spool files to PDF documents but when I try to open them with Adobe Acrobat reader I receive the following error: "There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (110)."
There are problems with PDF character translation in some environments. If you experience this error ECS/ie can be enabled to perform additional PDF translation. To enable this functionality perform the following:
(14) I am using ECS/integrated email
with Microsoft Outlook and whenever ECS/ie attempts to send an email the
following prompt is displayed:
updates to Microsoft Outlook have increased the security so it is no longer
possible for ECS/ie to send emails via without prompting.
This option to allow external applications to send email on your behalf is configurable within Outlook Express. Click "Options", then select the "Security" Tab and uncheck "Warn me when other applications try to send email on my behalf"
(15) I am attempting to generate outbound EDI Messages but they remain on the system in a "RDY" state.
The EDI batch validation program is triggered on the creation of new EDI Control records. To prevent the EDI batch validation program submitting multiple times the program creates a temporary data area called EDIddmmyy (where ddmmyy = Current Date). If the validation program has been terminated by an external job then this data area will need to be deleted.
Use the command DLTDTAARA QGPL/EDIddmmyy (where ddmmyy=Current Date)
(16) I cannot find the answer to my question?
You can search our online database or Log a Problem with ECS Online Support by clicking here.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Electronic Commerce Solutions All rights reserved.
Electronic Commerce Solutions, Ltd. registered in England No.: 3628504. VAT Registration No.: GB 702 8318 55. Registered Office: Littlehaven House, 24-26 Littlehaven Lane, Horsham, RH12 4HT
Site Map A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z